Sunday, January 13, 2013

Django Unchained

Django Unchained

Review: I'm not a big fan of Western movies. As a matter of fact, I stay away from them. But I can make exceptions, especially when Quention Tarantino decides to make one. I first heard of Django Unchained over a year ago, so it was with great joy that I sat down to watch it. And I enjoyed it. It has most of the classic Tarantino parts; the violence, the nice settings and the interesting and good cast. I kind of missed his great dialouge in this one, but it worked without it. There was really only two things that bothered me with this film. First of all, it was too long. 2 hours and 45 minutes was way too long to tell this story. The second thing I didn't like was Samuel L. Jackson's character Stephen. It felt way too typically Samuel L. Jackson than anything else, and I didn't buy his house slave persona at all. As always I loved Christoph Waltz though, a truly great actor that outshone both Leonardo DiCaprio and Jamie Foxx here. 

Rating: 7/10


No comments:

Post a Comment